Hope everyone had an awesome Valentine’s Day yesterday! Regardless if you had a special someone or not, you still gotta eat right? Why not treat yourself to something extra special and fancy? I made this super quick and simple breakfast yesterday with only a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
I think this is called “Eggs in a Basket” because you basically have an egg cooked in the middle of a slice of bread! A side of bacon for more savory goodness! I recommend using a wide bread like Orowheat because the egg might not all stay in the center with a smaller bread. It might also take longer for the egg to cook through as well, causing your bread too crunchy/burnt!
Valentine’s Day Breakfast
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- ready to heat bacon
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Use your heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the center of the bread. Save the bread you just cut out.
- Heat your skillet with a thin layer of olive oil. Place the sliced bread and bread cut-out onto the pan. If there’s room on your pan cook the bacon on the side as well. (The grease from the bacon would make your bread extra tasty!)
- Crack an egg into the center of the bread and let is cook for a good 40-45 seconds. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Check to see if it’s ready to be flipped. Flip your bread and the bread cut-out. Let is sit on the pan until the egg is cooked. If you like your yolk runny you can just cook it for a shorter duration. Season the other side with salt and pepper.
- Repeat the previous steps for the remaining bread. used the grease from the bacon.
- Enjoy! 🙂
some awesome gift ideas!
Personalized Fortune Cookies! (ordered from my friend’s club; I just gave them my messages :))
He gave me some flowers! So pretty! I’m not a flower kind of person…I really don’t know what to do with them. LOL this was the biggest, tallest jar I could find in the house. Instant coffer jar.
You can never go wrong with chocolate! (from my lovely housemate and friend) 🙂 Unless the person doesn’t like chocolate hahaha. I know some people that really dislike chocolate! D:
Candy gift! There’s a bunch of different puns/sayings associated with different kinda of candy and you can use (google it!) to give this super cute gift! 🙂
A Valentine’s care package full of goodies and a personalized message!