I haven’t been able to post on the blog very often, again, my excuse is school is crazy hectic + part of me is too lazy to type a post loll. I mean, a large part of me knows it doesn’t take very long, but I think every long day just makes me want to bum at home, snack, and mindlessly watch youtube videos LOL.
Anyhow, I really wanted to share a bundt cake I made last month for a Progressive dinner. This was my first time making a bundt cake and it was really fun make it! However, I was super bummed that it didn’t turn out as pretty as I had liked because a large chunk of it stuck to the bottom of the pan as I attempting to flip the cake out so it looked as if several people took huge bites out of it already :[ Never fear! Powdered sugar works wonders! ;] It covered the ugliness and amped up the sweetness! I review many compliments about the cake that night. I would definitely make it again next time with a well buttered pan! 😀
Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk (I used 2% milk)
- 1 – 8 ounce bag of toffee bits (I subbed with chocolate chips)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (omitted so I don’t kill anyone with an allergic to it ><)
- 1 recipe CARAMEL DRIZZLE (caramel drizzle is the link)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- Beat the butter until creamy. Add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat until just combined. Stir in toffee bits and pecans
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. NOTE: Don’t freak out if some of the cake sticks. Mine did too. It’s because this cake is so moist. GOOD NEWS! We get to cover all the imperfections with yummy caramel!
- Spoon Caramel Drizzle over cooled cake.