Sorry for being MIA for so long. School is kicking my butt right now so it’s hard finding time to just sit and post on the blog. Right now I’m slacking off in the office at work so that’s why I’m writing this post. Lol just kidding…I ran out of stuff to do so I’m taking a break. 🙂 I’m not that bad hahahaha. However I have still been baking/cooking and taking pictures so there will definitely be posts very soon! Yesterday my housemate and I made these awesome cookies as a thank you to a fellowship on campus for letting us use their room for an ice cream social. These cookies are SO good! If you’re a fan of anything cinnamon-y or sugar cookies then this snickerdoodle recipe will knock your socks off! I use this recipe all the time and it tastes awesome!
And this chocolate chip cookie is just unbelievably delicious because it’s thick, chewy, and loaded with stuff that just makes me want to eat a plate of it for dinner or something! hahaha, yes that’s how good it is. Hope you try it out!
Enjoy your weekend!
from Brown Eyed Baker
- 2¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
2. Whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Gradually stir in the flour mixture, beating on low speed just until the flour is blended.
5. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
6. In the meantime, mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
7. Scoop 1-inch balls of dough and roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
8. Place on chilled cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Chill the dough and cookie sheets between batches.
10. Let cookies set on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Add to wet mixture and mix till combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill in fridge for an hour.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.