Today I felt like eating a colorful salad for lunch since I had a big load of vegetables in my fridge. I used this recipe and added a couple things according to my preferred taste. I felt like it was missing a little something in the flavor so I added some sesame oil which gave it a wonderful aroma and brought the salad to a whole new level. I added some tofu because I needed some protein to keep me full. I also added a tomato just because I wanted to use it up and it gives the salad more color! It turned out pretty tasty! It had a burst of acidity and tartness from the lemon juice and vinegar, sweetness from the honey and bell peppers, and spiciness from the chili garlic sauce. I doubled the recipe in a huge bowl and it’s good for a few meals!
I ate a side of my friend’s cheesy pasta and ohmygoodness-the-best-cookie-ever! My friend had a box of cookies from CREAM and I cannot tell you how GOOD they taste! The chocolate chip one is my favoriteeeeee. I haven’t gone to the newly opened CREAM that just opened near where I live but I will definitely venture there very soon! I hear all their ice cream sandwich creations are super good. It’s basically ice cream sandwich smooshed in between two cookies. The perfect combo! Being a coffee-lover, I am dying to try their Cup of Jo ice cream or cookies and cream ice cream sandwiched in between two cappuccino cookies. *Drools*
Tricolor Thai Salad
adapted from cookincanuck.com
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup soft tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro (I didn’t have any)
- 1 tbsp minced mint leaves (I didn’t have any)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 tsp chili garlic paste (i used chili garlic sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Serve.