Hello everyone! Happy Monday!
Last night, the boyfriend and I had a relaxing Sunday making fish tacos for dinner! It turned out well and the guacamole was delicious! I usually don’t like eating avocados, the texture and taste is kinda weird to me but I would definitely eat it in guacamole or sushi since other flavors makes it taste edible for me. We decided to just wing it and not follow a recipe for the fish and just experiment in seasoning our three fillets of fish in three different ways. Super quick and easy! It was such a delicious meal, especially when I squeezed some lime juice on top of my tacos and added some Talpito hot sauce! Mmmmm, yummy in my tummy! The guacamole also went well with pita chips. Super addicting!
- I used swai fish & tilapia
Fish-three ways: rub both sides of fish on both sides and pan-fry on your oiled pan on medium heat until fish is cooked through (not clear).
- Garlic-lime – garlic salt, pepper, lime juice, cumin (optional)
- Teriyaki – pepper, I used Aloha Mango Pineapple Teriyaki glaze (you can use can teriyaki sauce you like)
- Cajun – I used McCormick’s Cajun seasoning (you can make your own by combining salt, spices – red pepper, black pepper, thyme, celery seed, paprika, garlic, onion)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
- Heat up your tortillas according to the package. (I heated mine on both side till it became a little crispy with golden spots)
- Assemble your fish tacos by placing fish on top of tortilla, put a dollop of guacamole on top; Additional optional toppings: sour cream, lettuce, hot sauce, squeeze of lime, shredded cheese
- Enjoy your taco! 🙂